Followers

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Blue Christmas

Hello again…

Case-ing Christmas has gone monthly and this month it was Steph’s turn to create a card to inspire us, you can find Steph’s Card here. There is a lot to be inspired by, I love all the papers together; I took my inspiration from the ribbon, lace and twine down the side of the card. I have used a digi stamp from bugaboo and coloured it completely non-traditional. 

On one of my recent trips down to the physio in the city I stopped in at Lincraft to see what extras bits and pieces I could get to add to my cards and came away with a variety of sheer ribbons and lace. I have used pale blue ribbon and added some die cut stars and avoided the snow all bar the image on the paper

Here’s my card:-


I had been saving this paper, although a generic bought from Kmart many years ago it was still a favourite, due to the positioning of my image I have covered up the tree the paper has on it which was also a blue and green combo. I now have an excuse to buy more supplies :-) I simply have to have some non traditional coloured papers! Maybe I will be well enough in November for the more local Christmas craft fair, I haven't been for several years. 

The stopper on the easel card was created using a round digi from Scrap-a-licious Times (bottom one) and one I created in word placed on top.

What I used:-
14.9cm x 10.5cm white card blank
White card
Generic blue card and generic Christmas patterned paper
White glittered card stock
Faber-castell and Derwent Pencils
Baby blue Liquid Pearls
Digital Stamp BUGABOO
Mpress circle dies
Top sentiment circle Word 
Lower sentiment from Scrap-a-licious Times
MFT Stitched Rectangle dies
Memory box Die Cosmic Star set
Adhesives- P.V.A. Glue, Double-sided tape, glue dots, foam tape
Scoring board

I would like to enter this card in:-
Christmas Stampin' all year long #54 Folding  I hope an easel card is okay ladies
ABC Christmas Challenge- Q for Quantum Leap C is for Colourful, D is for Die Cuts, L is for Lyrics (Blue Christmas)

Thank you for looking in…
Have a great week

Megan

No comments: