Followers

Sunday 4 September 2016

Tool Chest

Hello again,

So over the weekend here in Australia we have celebrated Father’s Day, it always falls on the first Sunday of September and this is the card I made for my Old Man…

A few words about my chunky embellishments, my Dad was sure that those things called videos would prevail as DVD’s were far too similar to music CD’s and he wasn’t going to be replacing the older technology…  as DVD’s did win he is slowly letting go of the older outdated VHS video’s. We like to recycle as much as possible and rather than toss the video’s in the rubbish we have unscrewed and separated as much as possible, leaving a collection of interesting screws behind, which I couldn’t help myself from keeping a few for cards, as rather chunky embellishments and as a bonus the VHS boxes are going to be used to store some of my stamps! My second recycled bit came from breaking my asthma inhaler down  which yielded the small white cogs,  I now have several cogs in my stash…

On the front of the tool box I dripped some Diamond glaze and tried to colour it with some inks… it did not turn out as well as I had wanted, should have used some liquid pearls instead… trying to make paint/glue spills

For those of you who saw my Box card tutorial this is fits in the same size envelope I have just altered the measurements to make two 8cm sides and two 4cm sides.

Here is my card:- from a few different angles ;-)





   



What I used:-
Red cardstock
Scraps of card brown, silver, woodgrain, black, grey and yellow
Swiss dots embossing folder
Kaisercraft tab die to make the vice
Circle punch
Black and white Colorbox inkpads
Acetate from packaging
Screws and cogs recycled
Memory box die Antique Gears (I think they work as circular saw blades)
Marianne Craftables Nuts and Bolts  
Papercraft Inspirations Card making mini magazine for Men (hammer, screw driver and wrench)
Diamond glaze
Adhesives: Foam Tape, double sided tape, PVA glue, glue dots and diamond glaze

I would like to enter this card in:-

Thank you for looking in…
Have a wonderful week…

Megan

No comments: