Followers

Monday 30 January 2017

Bush Santa

Hello again,

Sorry I’ve been missing for a while, I have jumped two feet in to one of my family tree branches and been totally absorbed by the information, certificates newspaper articles etc. which we have been able to gather, I still have a pile of information beside me at my desk aka craft zone to enter into my family tree, but I cast it aside to join in with this years First Rudolph Days over at Scrappy Mo’s.

I made a true Aussie Christmas card today… Santa dressed for the hot weather down here, which is currently a melting 36C here in the mountains and for those between here and the big smoke (Sydney) a balmy and melting 42C. The wild birds who are usually frequent visitors in our garden are nowhere to been seen or even heard today. My bath loving budgie has already had multiple dips in the water dish and enjoyed a light spray of water, giving me one of those excuse me you stopped looks.

On to my card, I bought an Ultimate crafts die set featuring the well known Sydney icons the Sydney Harbour Bridge and The Opera House and have used them for the first time today creating a scene with a bush Santa wearing some other Aussie icons first the shearers blue bonds chesty singlet, I added some holly leaves to it to make it a little more festive, second a pair of Aussie thongs (these are worn on the feet- for those who live elsewhere and have a completely different item of clothing known as that), I’ve also coloured the bush Santa's tinnie in the colours of Fosters Beer.

Here is my card:-



What I used:-
12.7 x 17.8cm card blank (5x7”)
Merci branded watercolour paper (BigW for those in Aus)
Kaisercraft basecoat papers
Aussie Santa Digi stamp from Make It Crafty
edit: Oops I used- Faber-Castell and Derwent Pencils to colour the image
Ultimate Crafts Sights of Sydney dies
Scraps of card and paper in grey, red, green, beige
Black fine line pen
Sprinkled Sugar Stickles (along the sand edge)
Clear atyou Spica pen (invisible but there, as waves, also on sunnies and tinnie)
Adhesives:- PVA Glue, Double sided tape, foam adhesive tape

I would like to enter this card in:-
Rudolph’s Day January 2017 Anything Christmas 
Snippet’s Playground week 265-266 Anything goes with Snippets

Thank you for looking in...
Have a great week... 
Megan

P.S. A huge Thank you to all the lovely ladies who leave me a message I truly appreciate them all!

P.P.S I've already had a request for extra cards like this one for our Overseas Relatives....

No comments: